I am pleased to inform you that the United Nations Environment Programme World Conservation Monitoring Center (UNEP WCMC), in collaboration with the CBD Secretariat, the European Commission, and other partners, will host a consultative webinar on the Global Knowledge Support Service for Biodiversity (GKSSB), which was announced during the second part of the fifteenth meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 15) in Montreal this last December.
The webinar will provide an opportunity for participants to share their views and suggestions regarding the potential role, scope and operational modalities of the GKSSB, as well as to identify the key needs and opportunities and explore ways in which the GKSSB could support Parties in the implementation of the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework and its monitoring framework.
The webinar agenda will include:
- An overview of inputs gathered to date regarding the potential role, scope, needs and opportunities for a Global Knowledge Support Service in facilitating national actions to implement the Kunming-Montreal Global Biodiversity Framework.
- A short presentation on the key elements of a draft discussion paper and the process for the scoping study for the Global Knowledge Support Service for Biodiversity.
- Q&A and discussion about the Global Knowledge Support Service.
To register and participate in the webinar, please use the links below:
- Time: 12:00 – 13:30 GMT/ 7:00 – 08:30 EST/ 21:00 – 22:30 JST
- Time: 21:00 – 22:30 GMT/ 16:00 – 17:30 EST/ 06:00 – 07:30 JST on 28 March 2023
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support to the Convention and its Protocols.
The text of this notification is also available on the CBD website at: http://www.cbd.int/doc/notifications/2023/ntf-2023-031-km-en.pdf